Sunday, May 3, 2015

MAYWEATHER v. PACQUIAO

Filipinos everywhere have been anxiously awaiting this day for months now. The rest of the world has chimed in, too. It's been a topic of conversation for a while now and today was the DAY.

If you need to question my allegiance, you may as well just go now... I'm FILIPINO.
'Nuff said? ;)

#TEAMPAC
#TEAMPAC
#TEAMPAC

Hopefully that answers the question ;)

The day leading up to this event, for us, was pretty tame. It started off with my fiance making an incredible breakfast for us, and Sydni sharing scripture with us. She had no idea what she was reading [she was in the old testament.. haha], but it made my heart so happy to see her so determined to read from her Bible.

I spent the day catching up on some blog work, parked on my front porch soaking in the sunshine & occasionally bidding hello to neighbors passing by.

Sydni busied herself with some garden work, clad in her Queen Elsa dress, flip flops and eventually my chacara I'd brought back from Panama. She may be a Hapa, but she definitely looked pure Pinay today... we'll say in honor of Pacquiao.. haha.

little hapa gardener ;) 
Rob spent the day at work in the garage, where his bike now sits with at least some sense of semblance, versus where it was at this time yesterday. There's still quite a few hours left before it's back in running condition, but he made some solid headway today and I know that's an accomplishment for him.

The day wore on; we tidied up the house, did a few chores and managed to catch up on all of our individual projects before dinner [I'll mention here that Rob nailed dinner, too; he's been on a solid roll all week in proving his culinary prowess.. I am both impressed and grateful!]. Andrew showed up soon after dinner to watch the Pacquiao fight with us; Rob bought it and we were all anxious to watch it.

It started off rather slow...
pre-main event.. 
We watched as the openers took their places in the ring and went head to head for their honor, as the seats behind them on the screen started to fill up. The two openers finished and it was finally time for the fluff and thrill of the main event.
opening! 
And no, I'm not going to recount this to you play-by-play, or really even with highlights, because this was the fight heard 'round the world for anyone who cared to know the outcome. Filipinos and others everywhere left disappointed tonight, but I know I'm not alone in my unwavering allegiance to Manny, especially looking past his boxing into his code of ethics, values and priorities. Mayweather may have taken a title by technicality, but Manny remains a tenfold force to be reckoned with, and respected.

I think that's about we can handle for tonight, folks. It's an early one tomorrow.
G'Nite!

xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment