You're welcome, in advance. :p
I know I'm not alone in my disbelief... and slight terror.. that it's already the end of April. Because yeah, yesterday it was January and I've apparently spent nearly the first half of the year now preparing for the year.
Ok, so that's not entirely true. I've accomplished a lot so far this year and that's a big deal. There's still plenty of time to accomplish even more, and I have a feeling that the first year of my 30's will be a chapter stuffed to the gills with new experiences and reasons to be grateful.
At work, I marked the start of a new month with a little revamping of my office space. I was due in for some updated pictures, so by careful selection, there were changes made!
At home, I celebrated the end of April by hanging out with my two favorite people in my little world; Rob & Syd. It was game night here at our house, which meant dinner [cooked by Rob!], followed by a typical Mama+Syd+Rob+Stella+Sasha night in at our house...
I'd made a purchase for Sydni when she was almost 2, I think, when the movie Soul Surfer made its big debut and we watched it: I'd found a Soul Surfer-themed Bible at a bookstore and decided then that I would get it for Sydni for the day when she'd be able to use it. Granted that day is still perhaps a few more years ahead of us, she realizes now that this is hers, and knows full well the gravity and value of this book.
Devo time as a family is where it's at, folks. There is no denying that.
The dogs seemed bored with our devo time, but also seemed to know that it wasn't the time to interfere as they usually would with three people just sitting in the living room. They kept their distance until we were done, and managed to entertain themselves for that short time:
Finally it was time to get the board games out. Sydni originally wanted to have a throne for the night:
She was easily coerced from her perch when we told her that she would lose to us in all the games if she couldn't reach her player piece, so she hopped right on down and joined us at the table for a grueling duel of wits in...... Candyland. Dora Candyland.
Can I just say how amazing it is to have a night like this with my family? I'm in love. Seriously.
I sat back and just marveled at the simplicity of my day today, and for the millionth time in the last couple weeks it seems, just felt full of love, gratitude and peace. Life is good.
Good night!
xo | cmd
At work, I marked the start of a new month with a little revamping of my office space. I was due in for some updated pictures, so by careful selection, there were changes made!
At home, I celebrated the end of April by hanging out with my two favorite people in my little world; Rob & Syd. It was game night here at our house, which meant dinner [cooked by Rob!], followed by a typical Mama+Syd+Rob+Stella+Sasha night in at our house...
![]() |
| my hammock girl! |
![]() |
| sydni got her Bible out tonight! ♥ |
![]() |
| reading to us ♥♥♥♥ |
The dogs seemed bored with our devo time, but also seemed to know that it wasn't the time to interfere as they usually would with three people just sitting in the living room. They kept their distance until we were done, and managed to entertain themselves for that short time:
![]() |
| these two... hahaha.. |
![]() |
| really, syd? |
Can I just say how amazing it is to have a night like this with my family? I'm in love. Seriously.
I sat back and just marveled at the simplicity of my day today, and for the millionth time in the last couple weeks it seems, just felt full of love, gratitude and peace. Life is good.
Good night!
xo | cmd

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)





No comments:
Post a Comment