Saturday, May 2, 2015

HELLO, MAY!

It's MAY!

I'll spare you the Timberlake/N*Sync memes today; I got mine in yesterday, hah ;).

So YEAH, it's Friday, it's May 1st, and today was... awesome.

To start off, the sun was out. That doesn't sound like a big deal to most people, but when you live in OHIO, in MAY, the weather can be doing any number of things other than being tolerable. The good vibe was set for the day, and it grew better and better as the day wore on.

Elisa and I escaped the monotony of work for the traditional Friday lunch; Northside was our destination, and after a beautiful back patio timeout with delicious chicken wraps at Melt, we stopped by Sidewinder for some iced coffee.
not too bad for a day in the city! ♥
And when you're in Northside at Sidewinder, you don't not go to Chicken Lays an Egg right across the street. In fact, you go and you try on all the sunglasses. Because they're awesome, that's why!
stolen from e's IG
snazzy. 
Love.
Work ended, and the routine led me into Milford to pick up Sydni. She was out within 10 minutes of the car ride home, like usual, but not before giving the universe another priceless kid quote:

Syd: Mommy, is tomorrow my day off? 
Me: Yes; it's Saturday! That means you get to sleep in! 
Syd: YEAH. It means we can do whateeeever we want! Except play with knives.
Me: Yeah... ummm.. except that. 
Syd: Perfect. Don't wake me up tomorrow morning. 

^ Gotta love kids, hahaha. Not five minutes after she said that, this happened: 
zonked. 
We made it home only to change our clothes and head right back out the door; Rob had the excellent idea to take an evening hike before dinner. I thought that was an amazing idea, so we headed out to Withrow for a short jaunt around the property, which culminated at an overlook to the Ohio River. 

giant tree... perfect for climbing! 
little nature girly
Back in the car, our bellies were rumbling; we voted a Friday night family dinner date in Eastgate, but not before a pitstop at Family Christian. To my heart;s joy, not only did I find a new 365 devotional, but so did ROB! ♥♥ This is a pretty big step for us to do together, and I'm prayfully confident that there is growth beyond measure in store for both of us.
#truuuuuuuuuth.
We finally made it to dinner before heading home for a few minutes of unwind before bed. It's been a long and fulfilling day; my heart is happy with my simple little life  and I'm anxious to see what tomorrow has in store!

xo | cmd 

No comments:

Post a Comment