BUT, this morning, I managed to get my Bible open before the work notebook, and realized that in spite of its worn-out spine, pages rubbed thin by my flipping them over the years and the overall appearance of a book, this thing... could never be fully absorbed.
Here's the deal: I'm heading out this weekend with Becky for a mini retreat; we'll be in a treehouse reflecting on the road behind us and re-calibrating ourselves for the road of 2015. So much of what that will demand of me requires me to do one simple thing:
Guard. My. Heart.
![]() |
| guest blog : marianne! |
As with every worthwhile objective, it's easier said than done. It's a huge undertaking in and of itself; applying it to the daily drudge can be daunting if we don't know how to do it. I had that spark of inspiration to get in and do some writing of my own. That's kind of my thing whenever I feel compelled to translate the mess in my head into strings of words.
And then.... I remembered that my awesome friend Marianne is currently overseas embedded in the field of missions and giving of herself to the field. There was a post of hers from December that is wholly applicable both then, now and really at any point.
I give all the credit for this entry to her, and am thankful that she took the time to sit down and organize those thoughts into something we can all follow and reference.
So if you're ready to really examine the question of why it's mandatory that we guard our hearts and minds [or what that even means??], then click HERE.
If for some reason you can't click that, then just follow this link:
http://isaiahsixeight.tumblr.com/post/105042431882/between-the-cappuccinos-and-the-gospel
Powerful stuff, am I right?!
Except seriously, I'm insanely proud of that girl & I'm grateful to have her as an added source of encouragement. Love you, Mare!
If you're interested in what she's doing over in Italy, check it out HERE.
xo | cmd
Powerful stuff, am I right?!
Except seriously, I'm insanely proud of that girl & I'm grateful to have her as an added source of encouragement. Love you, Mare!
If you're interested in what she's doing over in Italy, check it out HERE.
![]() |
| prov 4:23 |


No comments:
Post a Comment