Saturday, August 16, 2014

Dad's Birthday Bash

Loaded post, heeeere we go!

Today was Dad's birthday celebration! I'll cut to the chase, since it's been a long day and I want to make sure I get everything in here ;)


First things first. Yoga.
There is something I can't translate into words about how... perfect it is here in the mornings.
#yogaeverydamnday
Once the rest of the family was up and at it, we started in on breakfast preparation. Dad wanted birthday pancakes, so he led the way alongside the best little helper in the house.


Soon Nana came and scooted him from kitchen to patio table setup, and consequently picked up where he left off in the pancake mixing. After all, she made the stuff...


This was Sydni's reaction when I told her that the entire family was coming, and that we'd voted her responsible for making a "bajiiiiiiillion" pancakes:
"uhhhh.. no way, mom"
^My adorable little mad scientist!

Moving on.. Did I tell you Sydni and my parents have formed a band? It's uhhh.. a joyous sound - we'll just put it that way, haha. Just kidding. They love every second of the ruckus..

Nana & Pappy even purchased water balloons to add to the fun. We never actually got around to the water part, but Sydni showed us how to properly inflate and flash-deflate them.
moments before she let go & sent it flying!
It wasn't long before my sister, nephew, niece & great nieces [whaaaat?!.. yeah] arrived. From there on out until the time they left, it was picture time, badminton time and celebration time.
emmie & sydni
model & photographer in training!
ya gotta start somewhere... ;)
my sister heidi & her granddaughters, along with my mini-me
joyful hanny!
precious little great-niece of mine ♥
sweet moment between heidi & hanny
silly sister candid moments
the big girls emmie & sydni chasing bubbles around the yard
mom & rob
sweet little hanny
my compassionate little girl & spanky, the 21-year-old cat
we adopted as a kitten, when i was a child ♥
lady cornhuskers [minus the other two big girls]
my better half ♥♥
♥ sisters.
no makeup, no fuss, no worries.
♥
Last but certainly not least [& disappointingly sans Sydni, who insisted that she wanted no more pictures. In her defense, she was a trooper for the rest of the day!] - the celebration of my dad. Happy birthday, to you! We LOVE you! 
happy birthday, dad!
I love this family of mine. I'm still not over the fact that Sydni wasn't in that last picture, but she sure made Pappy's weekend by being there for his birthday party.

We're en route back to Cincinnati now and looking to take it easy for the rest of the night. It feels like a Sunday but I'm thankful we still have one more day. Here's to the rest of the weekend!

xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment