Saturday, June 13, 2015

The Next Step | USAvSWE!!

A couple days ago, I wasn't entirely sure that Friday would ever get here... yet, at the same time I felt like it was Friday for about 3 days in a row. Weird how that works.

At any rate, Friday showed up and I was ready to see it. The sun was out all day, the daily flow went as planned [well, for the most part, which... if we're even 51% to 49%, it's considered a win sometimes.. haha], and to top it off, there was an actual lunch hour today!

I finally purchased the book 'Phenomenal' today, and although I'm less than 30 pages in, I would recommend this to any and all of you! Elisa and I gathered ourselves together for what we're expecting to be the last Friday dual outing for at least a little while, tethered our hammocks up in Ault Park, and retreated into our own little moments of paradise for about 40 minutes.
this was perfect ♥
There's been so much going on recently, just as it pertains to work alone. We've been on hyperdrive for the past few weeks, so the degree to which this was needed today was grossly understated, at best.
hammocks. books. birds. sunshine. fresh air. barefeet. 
I'm not built to stay indoors all the time.. I'm really not. I mean, who is, I suppose?
There is so much change happening right now on the "workfront." Paul, our new franchisee, sets foot in the office on Monday.. at that point, he'll take full rein of the helm here and become the leadership element of which we've been barren for quite some time now. It is an overhaul on the horizon, and while I am welcoming it with perhaps aggressively beckoning arms, it is still change. It is new, it is foreign, and it is a little scary. It is all good change, but there is always some measure of the unknown that nestles itself into whatever resolve we've already made.. and it's weirdly unraveling.

And then, I saw this as we were closing our lunch break and leaving the park:

.. & the first thing that came to mind was,

"IS GOING TO BE OKAY." 

Because honestly, it IS! I'm that notorious trip-&-free-faller, whereas most people are in either the camp of just leaping into something OR taking it one cautious and analytical step at a time. I run straight down the middle and usually end up faceplanting at the end, so I couldn't help but give that you-got-me eyeroll to the universe when I literally almost stumbled up these steps, and saw the pink chalk letters that were any and everything except random today.

I needed to absorb that although these changes start on Monday, it's cool.. 'cuz it's naturally THE. NEXT. STEP.

And it's [not] gonna be [just] okay.
It's gonna be AWESOME.
Deal? Deal.

The work day closed its doors, and on its heels opened the evening doors of WATCHING THIS:



^^ There were so. many. choices. for which one of those promo posters I would put on here, so please be proud of me for selecting only two. Haha.

USAvSWE! 

Disappointingly [< I was back and forth on whether or not that was a word; it is, FYI], while the game was a nail-biter, it ended after 3 minutes of added stoppage time, it still ended at a tied score of 0-0.

We have Megan Klingenberg to thank for that.
saving the game... literally.
The score was still at 0's by halftime, and although we had much hope for the second half, well... at least it wasn't a loss. 
halftime.... 
tied up: usa v swe | 06.12.15
Meh. It's obviously not ideal, but we'll take it. 

It's finally the weekend, and that's an added bonus! Enjoy it, fellow blogbots! 

xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment