Friday, December 12, 2014

#TBT : Grand Canyon!

Nature. 

Mysterious. Defiant. Breathtaking. Unbelievable. Serene. Dangerous. Sublime.
The list goes on.. and on... and on......... and on.... but one thing that never changes is nature's complete ability to deliver when we least expect it, and usually when we think we've seen it all.

This week's #TBT goes back to 2011, when I trekked out west with Kalyn & Sam; that trip culminated with a visit to the grandest of the grand: The Grand Canyon itself:
p - e - r - f - e - c - t - i - o - n.
grand canyon national park | az 
If there's one place I know I won't fully cover by the time I leave this planet, it's the GC. There are so many trails, valleys, ridges and rims to see there, that you literally would have to live there in order to wholly experience what it can offer.
another shot from my 2011 trip - looking into bright angel trail
grand canyon national park | az
And then maybe you do live there.. and work there. I don't, but my bestie's brother and his girlfriend are both locals there now, and shared some shots from today that I couldn't help but share with whatever audience I've got here today:
12.11.2014 : inversion @ the grand canyon
grand canyon national park | az
^^^ THAT?!

I'm no weather guru, so I let those more-qualified do the actual explaining [as seen >> HERE << ], but that shot is one of the few that Nathan [bestie's brother] shared with the world from his personal vantage point this afternoon.

His girlfriend Aly shared this one, captioned as her view on the way to WORK:
beautiful!!!!
grand canyon national park | az
For the record, she's a park ranger there.
I work in a sometimes-less-than-desirable-neighborhood-in-a-half-sketchy-city-slicker-landscape here in Cincinnati. To say I'm jealous of her "daily commute" should be the understatement of ... life, but hey, that just makes a visit to AZ a priority.

Move over, man-made anything.. Nature wins this one today.

Not a bad way to flip the page into Friday, I'd say.
..Til' Next Time! ♥♥

xo | cmd 

No comments:

Post a Comment