Sunday, September 14, 2014

Backyard Camping

We set out on a mission today to purge whatever parts of our wardrobe we aren't using. That applied to all of us, and, after doing so, we were able to determine what we lacked and what we absolutely didn't need.

That led to a mini shopping trip; our objective was to get Rob some new shirts, since we counted past two hands how many he's had since he was in high school. Some of them looked like they hadn't been unfolded in the last 10 years either, judging by the deep fold lines. So yeah, a revamp was due.

Sydni got ready and waltzed out the door looking in a high school sophomore heading to the mall..
not so little anymore! :( 
I had a quick glimpse of what's in store for me ten years from now, and it made me both happy and a little sad at the same time. I think that's normal though.......... right?
"dream big" [her shirt]
Anyway, by the time we were halfway done with shopping, I was quickly reassured that my little girl is still the playful thing I hope she always will be:
run. play. love (: 
We made our way home to prepare for the night ahead of us: backyard camping!
I ran some errands and went grocery shopping while Rob and Sydni pitched the tent and got the bonfire going; by the time I got back, it was hot dogs and s'mores - the typical diet of all bonfire campers.
saturday nights: i'll take this over anything the city lights could offer ♥
Yes, this is backdated.
No, I did not have my computer out while we were camping ;) 


xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment