This is how today started:
 |
| not complaining one bit. |
& Then...
SOCCER PRACTICE!
 |
| soccer monster! |
-- I felt like I was back in my childhood, except on the other end of it now. I've only seen pictures of me then, but they were not unlike the scene today: Sydni in her pint-sized soccer gear - cleats and all - and a t-shirt that even in the smallest size available drooped off her tiny frame. As much as I tried for the pigtail today, it looked unusually disheveled by the time we got there, which in a way magically available only to little girls, made her look that much
cuter.
 |
| so cute. so. stinkin'. cute. |
 |
| soccer kiddies |
And some short but fun action I captured [*note to self, take an actual
camera next time.]
^ My little [future] left-wing (:
^ Red Light, Green Light!
I just.. can't get enough. (: (: (:
Soccer practice off the checklist, we made a break for iHOP.. because it's Saturday, pancakes sounded amazing, and we had no agenda. We were already in Mason, so once breakfast was out of the way, we made a stop at Half Price Books and came out with a couple of movies, a book for Sydni, and of course:
Insurgent. I couldn't resist buying it, but didn't feel like paying retail for the thing [proud consumer moment]. It's the second of the Divergent series that I started last week.
 |
| insurgent by veronica roth |
And ok.. I originally planned to
start the thing today, while Sydni napped or snuggled up for a movie at the end of the evening or something. No. Instead, I devoured it cover-to-cover before tonight was over. I'm still blaming Nikki for getting me hooked. It's. So. Good.
Between chapters [& Sydni's nap), we got outside for bike riding, bubbles into the sunset, and some hiking around the area. She's my little trooper!
 |
| bubbles into the sunset: i could literally do this every day. |
& again, because we're spoiling ourselves today, Graeter's!
 |
| hahaha.. graeters!!! |
.. And
that is how we do it on a Saturday. Tomorrow we'll be on the river for a bit, but for now it's time to call it a day.
xo |
cmd
No comments:
Post a Comment