Sunday, September 8, 2013

All KINDS of Flashbacks

Well today definitely trumped yesterday. I woke up at a decent morning hour, and right away was able to celebrate Sydni's first soccer practice! It's a little hard for me to grasp that she's actually a year older than I was when I started playing, but also that she is now playing... aaaand... that she appears to be a left-footer like me. Enter proud parent moment HERE. (: (:
ahhhh! my little leftwinger!
*Sigh. Time, please slow down! :/

On to the rest of the day, I had a few initial things in mind, but quickly realized I'd left my wallet in Mike's truck last night. I didn't mind at all; it gave me a reason to stop by Findlay Market for a couple hours to hang with him and Becky.
welcome to the only cool [outdoor] spot at market today
After market, I stopped by Kroger and snagged up a a couple of peaches for a cobbler recipe I've wanted to try. I came home...& fast forward to the finished product!
y-u-m.
If I do say so myself, this was.. a SUCCESS! This makes me look forward to Fall.. that means baking season for this non-baker. Maybe this year I'll get really good at this whole baking thing.. maybe. Haha.

Anyway, with a new dish under my belt, I spent the rest of the afternoon tidying up around the house and taking a nap before the evening began. It was a late start at that, too; I met up with Nader and Keith just after 11 in OTR. We wound up at Neon's, where I ran into some very familiar faces! I shouldn't act all that surprised, but it was a refreshing sight & hopefully the first of many reprises now that I'm back.
david & nina! blasts from the past... 2004 (:
OTR has yet to disappoint, even on a low-key night like this one. My favorite part of the entire evening however, was the 2-hour stretch of conversation that somehow always happens after the establishments- & even the streets- are quiet. I'm inspired and challenged by these little chats and realize again how thankful i am for candid friends in my life.
"the famous neon's unplugged" ... aka... neon's
summer 2013♥
Suuure, this is backdated... I didn't make it home until nearly 2:30am... and frankly I'm still a little sleepy.

I'll leave this on a grateful note: my friends, this incredible summer... family, Sydni, Rob... all of it (:

Until next time...

xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment