Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Practical Advice

How many times have we all heard things like, "You make your own destiny," or "the future is what you make it," ... or something to that effect?

I know I have. A lot. It's not that I don't like those little snippets of encouragement, but I often find myself discounting them for the truth they could carry if for no other reason than that there are so many of them.

Today I came across this one. I don't know why, but it spoke to me a little differently, perhaps because of the poetic correlation I felt between it and the last few years of my life.


I don't know why, I really don't, but I absolutely love this. It's really nothing extraordinary, but I suppose I just never approached it this way. I think I liked it too because it really is.. just.. that.. practical. I am in fact not a tree. There is nothing but me rooting me down to a situation, a relationship, a life that I hate except for my own impeding of the progress I could be forcing myself to make. [It's okay, I had to think about that for a sec, too.]

It's almost February; I can't believe the first month of 2013 is almost finished; it feels like it sorta flew right on by, but that's okay. I'm bent on making February just as good as it can be, which coincidentally is synonymous to being just as good as I want it to become. Man... I should start writing these things.. haha. Jk.

Here's to you, friends, and your life. May you not find yourself a little tree, unless you truly are happy and it's worth the fight. In that case, plant your roots and grow there!

xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment