Saturday, February 11, 2012

Whitney: 1963-2012

Today we all say a final farewell to a music icon.

whitney | 1963 - 2012
I’m not one for paying homage to every celebrity once they’ve passed, but Whitney Houston is one of those personalities I admired for a long time. It wasn’t necessarily because of her personal trials, but because of her undeniable talent and impact she had on the musical industry and artists that have appreciated her work over the past few decades. She was a musical genius. I of course never knew her personally, but my heart goes out to those affected by today’s event.

decorative skills.. thanks, husband ;)

raiding the stickers
In a lighter regard, aside from that disappointing news, today was the epitome of a full-on laaaazy, bum day. I love it. We started it off with cereal, and that was about as far as it got. The rest of the day was spent lazing around the house and soaking up the agenda of absolutely nothing. It certainly wouldn’t qualify as exciting, but it’s a refreshing break from the revolving guest door that is our house most weekends. I love visitors, so I think the frequency of preparing the house, food, and entertainment makes the down weekends that much sweeter.

Time to hang with the fam.
Adios!


xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment