Friday, January 12, 2018

Winter Road Trip

Sometimes I wish I wasn't so bold when it came to driving through weather patterns.
But then again, I don't wish that, because I live in the mid-west. If I were squeemish, I'd never see anyone in the winter months. :p

So it's Cincinnati, and that means when we call for Snowmageddon like we did today, we will either get it, or get like, light rain for a couple hours and then 60degree temps the following day. We're hot and cold here.. literally.

We were all captivated today by the fact that as we left our houses for work between 6-7am, it was nearly 60degrees. By noon it was 12. By 3pm, freezing rain was making all the windshields gross in the parking lot, and by the time we left the office, everything was just a big ice cube with population topography.

Thanks, Nick, for taking the initiative to scrape all our windshields! :)
nick, easily the most dedicated in the office
This is the drive home at 5pm, versus an hour and a half later when we were back on the road heading to Illinois:
welp.
Again, it would be nice if somehow my brain would register that maybe, just maybe.. some ideas aren't great. But then again, my brain also works under the pretense - correct in this case - that it would eventually quit being crap weather and the drive would be fine... which eventually, it was, but not before it was complete crap and a freeway free-for-all for two hours:

Whatevs. It's super late, we made it to Kenny & Taryn's, and I'm gonna have to catch back up in the morning - I'm toast.

Stay safe, midwesters. It's nasty out there. ♥
TGIF!

xo | cms

No comments:

Post a Comment