Monday, January 6, 2014

Sub-Zero Weather :/

Bro, it's COLD.

It started snowing last night, and I was totally prepared to awake this morning to huge drifts and an excessively-lengthy commute. Fortunately, the snow must've changed course; all that was to be seen this morning was a dusting across the ground. Unfortunately, we traded snow banks today for sub-zero temperatures.
.... and did they ever. Instagram for hours, folks.... haha..
I made it work just as my own car's dashboard settled on -3 degrees. The weather forecasters predicted drops throughout the day to about -6 or so. Yeah, it's cold. At work today, Elisa informed me that in Indianapolis, it was near -35. Sheesh... :/

Sydni was at her dad's tonight, so I took the opportunity to make one run to the new house with the things I'd loaded up last night. It was a short-lived visit; this is the kind of weather that makes your nose hairs freeze the instant you step outside and take a breath. I was ready to be home, make dinner and cozy up with my dogs.
diiiiiinnnnnner! (: (:
Things I didn't really plan thoroughly when I  moved all my kitchen stuff to the new house: I am still living here, but had nothing on or with which to eat. So, in the classy fashion that is, I found a stray fork that had been in the sink, washed it and paired it up with the paper plate china. Fortunately, I forgot about the pots and pans in the drawer beneath my stove when I was moving, so I still had all of those. Add some chicken, green beans and pierogies, and I had myself a dinner that would've been delicious right from the pan. I just had to laugh at my present first-world-issues of no real plates.

Tomorrow it's projected to be even colder than today. I'm not motivated to move any more stuff for a day or two, if I'm being honest. I think tomorrow it's going to be a gym day. I need some motivation, and I know some indoor cardio [because let's be real, I'm not a diehard runner who likes lung expansion exercises in sub-zero weather] and circuit training will do the trick.

For now, STAY WARM and STAY SAFE, friends.
P.S. - If you have elderly relatives or neighbors, it might be a good time to check in on them, ya know, just to make sure they're ok! Also, if you have ANIMALS outside in this crap........ don't get me started. Just bring them inside. This is dangerously cold....

Good night!

xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment