Tuesday, August 6, 2013

& Monday Makes Three

I'm back in Cincinnati. *PHEW.

Rewind to the beginning of today:

I originally opted off work today to tend to some Sydni-related things, which ended up being unecessary.. I already had the day off though, so I figured I'd put it to good use and make the trip back to Ohio a leisurely one. It worked itself out, too, for yesterday's adventure on the river that would've been impossible had I needed to be at work today.

So yeah. On my day OFF, the first thing I think to do is go to work. Haha. My old office in Glen Carbon was on my list for the morning; I stopped off to get them some donuts & say hello. I miss these folks!
the express crew, sans carmalita & mb .. and now without ali too :p
miss this gang!
I sat for a few minutes with Linda, who was always cracking me up in one way or another... she didn't fail to disappoint today, either... 

love her.
^ Ya'll won't get why that's funny.. but if you worked a week with her & the rest of that staff, you'd have the time of your life for it being a job.. too much fun (:

Back at the house, I made the traditional breakfast, because that's just part of thge lineup whenever Rob & I get together, and spent some time just relaxing in the lull between cooking and driving. Well... let me rephrase that. We let the dogs out in the backyard, and Sasha the Houdini dog decided again that she'd let herself out.. and of course Stella just followed up right behind her. Go figure. Rob spent nearly 30 minutes casing the neighborhood for them, when the neighbors across the street found them in her backyard.... And THIS is what the girls looked like once they were back in the house, fully aware that they were in trouble.
bad. dogs. adorable... bad.. dogs.. tsk tsk tsk...
So once the dog-chasing debachle came to an end, I did get to relax with Rob for a while before I finally hit the road - construction and all - back to Ohio. The dogs did their timeout reflecting like little kids on what they did wrong [not that it'll matter... grrawwwr...], and again managed to win my heart over even as I left..

just.. can't... stay... mad. i love these two.
I made it back in decent time, all construction traffic considered, and weirdly enough am ready to head back to work tomorrow.
the face of long distance relationship commutes ;)
 Four day work week?
.. I'll take it (:

xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment