Thursday, August 4, 2016

HOOK! [Now & Then]

This post has nothing to do with my life, but literally everything to do with a part of my childhood:

This. Movie.

After 25 years since Hook was released, the Lost Boys have finally grown up. Rufio, Thud Butt, Pockets and co. recently came together to re-live the magic that we all grew up loving. The long-revered story of Peter Pan always had me wishing I could fly as a kid, and now it's hard to believe that one of my favorite childhood movies hit the quarter-century mark. Man, do I feel old. 

Just thinking of the Lost Boy's crazy antics or Robin Williams believing in NeverLand, and even Captain Hook's hatred for clocks, you can't help but to have that overwhelming sense of nostalgia. Almost makes me want to head to my parents' house and dust off the VHS player and watch it all over again. 

Thanks to reunion experts/production company at 22Vision for bringing these characters back together for not only paying homage to this iconic Steven Spielberg film, but to show much respect for the man himself, Robin Williams.

Yep. That's the case of HOOK, reunited after 25 years.
Oh, Dante Basco. 
Be still, 6-year-old me. 
To The Chive: Thank you for sharing this collabo with the world, and me... :D
13880327 928350360606856 2514546577642675493 n Hook’s Lost Boys find each other, 25 years later (16 Photos)

13914043 928799267228632 8710937349964748575 o Hook’s Lost Boys find each other, 25 years later (16 Photos)

13920162 928350163940209 4719738368173102704 o Hook’s Lost Boys find each other, 25 years later (16 Photos)

13938067 928583320583560 5771884282211381442 o Hook’s Lost Boys find each other, 25 years later (16 Photos)

13938247 928349840606908 294503639677140409 o Hook’s Lost Boys find each other, 25 years later (16 Photos)

13913661 928349983940227 206112536424487644 o Hook’s Lost Boys find each other, 25 years later (16 Photos)

13925558 928803830561509 777210183613968556 o Hook’s Lost Boys find each other, 25 years later (16 Photos)

13988206 928350167273542 8758112443494690372 o Hook’s Lost Boys find each other, 25 years later (16 Photos)

13913977 928349717273587 4191768244147454675 o Hook’s Lost Boys find each other, 25 years later (16 Photos)

13962703 928372623937963 5308285173238648100 n Hook’s Lost Boys find each other, 25 years later (16 Photos)

I think that's a sufficient dose of nostalgia for now. I loved this, and I hope any of my other 80's babies out there who have a special place in their heart for this movie like I do. 

I'm keepin' it light today. Enjoy the week, loves! 

xo | cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment